The African Population & Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. The Center seeks to fill the position of Data Analyst .
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, review and translation of research tools;
- Participate In the pre-testing of data collection platforms:
- Data cleaning including doing all required consistency checks for project data:
- Document project data sets according to the Center’s guidelines on data documentation, archiving and sharing:
- Extract data and prepare analytical files
- Develop template syntax files for research staff to use in creating various data sets
- Perform basic and advanced statistical analysis of data
- Assist In training other staff members on data analysis
- Participate In scientific writing
- Write technical reports on data issues; and
- Participate In proposal development and literature review. Key Competencies
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret large data sets:
- Proactive and self-motivated: and
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Qualifications for the Data Analyst Job
- Master’s degree in statistics or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience:
- High level quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and Interpreting data), such as multivariate and multilevel/longitudinal analyses (preferably with STATA):
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word. PowerPoint, and Excel): and
- Experience using Open Data Kit (ODK) software and Nesstar Is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send via email, their letter of application and CV with contact details of three referees to [email protected].
Please, indicate “Data Analyst” on the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This position will remain open until the right candidate is identified. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer African Population and Health Research Center, Inc APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi Website: www.aphrc.org