The African Population & Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. The Center seeks to fill the position of Data Systems Manager.
Data Systems Manager Job Responsibilities
- Lead the development and/or maintenance of highly efficient data management systems for all data collected at the Center;
- Manage database programmers to ensure they develop high quality software applications for various projects;
- Determine and facilitate the acquisition of resources needed to complete work in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Lead efforts to develop new data capture tools that utilize new technologies, especially in the area of electronic data collection;
- Provide leadership in the development of work scheduling tools to allow planning of data processing activities;
- Ensure software applications and databases are developed and maintained to internationally approved standards;
- Ensure data quality checks are developed and implemented;
- Oversee data entry and filing processes;
- Ensure preliminary cleaned data is available to data analysts for further cleaning and preparation of analytical data sets; and
- Manage staff in the data processing unit and provide oversight for data processing.
Qualifications for the Data Systems Manager Job
- Master’s degree in information sciences, computer science or related area;
- 7 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in a research institution
- Excellent leadership skills; Excellent writing and presentation skills; and
- Experience managing longitudinal data management systems is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send via email, their letter of application and CV with contact details of three referees to [email protected].
Please, indicate “Data Analyst” on the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This position will remain open until the right candidate is identified. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer African Population and Health Research Center, Inc APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi Website: www.aphrc.org