For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African Conservation and sustainable development.
AWF is seeking a high performing Project Officer, Conservation (POC).
Reporting to the Conservation Projects Manager (CPM), the Project Officer, Conservation (POC) as an integral member of the team assists in the coordination of project implementation within AWF, ensuring that conservation actions are well planned, scheduled, executed, and tracked.
- With the various project managers, assists in the creation of detailed project plans to the task and subtask level.
- Ensures specific deliverables are identified and flagged within the project plans for tracking purposes.
- With the CPM, reviews the final plans for realism and sufficient detail.
- Works with project managers to upload detailed project plans into InLoox, inclusive of task dependencies, date constraints, and schedules.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assists AWF’s M&E efforts with tracking and following up on data collection requirements.
- Reviews means of verification (MoV) documentation for quality assurance.
Intellectual Capital and Training
- Captures and records project management lessons learned and case studies, updating the project management methodology document and related tools as necessary.
- Helps provide orientation materials for new project managers, both new hires and staff promotions, into AWF’s project management methodology, tools, and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, sustainable development, or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit program management, coupled with a strong familiarity/affinity for AWF’s landscape level approach to conversation.
- Highly productive and organized, with the ability to work independently. Must be able to thrive under remote supervision.
- Analytical mindset with strong technology skills, including databases, MS Excel, MS Project, Outlook, and reporting writing software.
- Personable, with the ability to get results without unnecessary interpersonal conflict or drama.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to CLICK HERE to apply online
Please send a cover letter and your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 11th October 2016