Accounts Assistant Job at AfriCert Limited
Starting Date: Immediately
We are urgently looking for young and innovative individual with a passion and interest in finance and accounting background to fill in an Accounts Assistant position.
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Processing invoices, payments, requests for payment as per company procedure.
- Raising of quotations and invoices for different clients, for approval per as instructions.
- Managing and posting petty cash transactions.
- Updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, and accounts payable).
- Dealing with client queries and issues.
- Handling VAT and other statutory deduction returns.
- Provision of financial information for audit purposes when required.
- Generation of trial balance.
- Verifying suppliers’ accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Undertaking monthly bank reconciliations.
- Any other accounting assigned to him/her.
Qualifications for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Business degree in accounting and at least CPA Part 2 or any Business related course from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in both computer applications and accounting packages especially QuickBooks.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a busy accounting environment preferably private sector.
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates.
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
How to Apply
An attractive package will be provided, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you are interested and confident that you meet the outlined Qualifications and Skills, send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, 7th April 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.