Closing date: 16 Sep 2016
The Africa Centre for Open Governance (AfriCOG) is an independent, non-profit making organisation with a mandate to provide cutting edge research on governance and public ethics issues and, monitor governance fundamentals in both the government and the private sector. AfriCOG’s governance and anti-corruption reform initiative are aimed at addressing the structural causes of Kenya’s governance crisis by a knowledgeable citizenry.
AfriCOG hosts the secretariat for Kenyans for Peace with Truth and Justice (KPTJ). KPTJ is a coalition of thirty legal, human rights and democracy NGOs and individuals convened in the immediate aftermath of the 2007 post-election violence to seek truth and justice about the failed elections and the violence that followed. Since 2008, KPTJ has worked on issues of accountability, constitutional implementation and institutional reforms through research, evidence based advocacy and litigation.
AfriCOG seeks to recruit an experienced Programme Officer to implement and manage the KPTJ public interest litigation programme.
· Lead in the development, implementation and reporting for the Public Interest Litigation programme and other assigned activities;
· Monitor progress, results and outcomes and evaluate impact of programme activities; and
· Identify, develop and maintain strategic, policy and programme partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including CSO’s, funding partners, government departments and agencies among others for effective delivery and sustainability of the PIL programme
· A graduate degree in law from a recognized university, a post-graduate degree is desirable
· Must have excellent writing and communications skills as well as in-depth knowledge of Project Management
· Must have experience in a non-governmental organization
· Knowledge/experience in public interest litigation or strategic litigation
How to Apply
Please send the following documents to [email protected]
- A detailed Resume/Curriculum Vitae of no more than 3 pages
2. The full contact details of 3 contactable references