The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of a Network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification and ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa-Bay Counties. The Hospital is seeking dynamic and qualified health professional for the recently funded Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health project that started in April 2016 in Kisii.The team is expected to take lead in implementing the objectives of the five-year Access to Quality Care through Extending and Strengthening Health Systems (AQCESS) Project in Kenya. AQCESS is a multi-country project of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), funded by the Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation, Canada.
The project seeks to improve health outcomes of women of reproductive age and children by enhancing the availability and utilization of essential health services for pregnant women, newborns and children under age of five and improving the quality of these services. The team will be responsible for the implementation of the project in the sub county of Bomachoge- Borabu in Kisii County. The Project Officer is responsible for:
- assigned clusters of health facilities and population at various levels of health care delivery.
- Provides assistance and support to the Project Manager, Kisii in delivering and achieving the proposed project activities
- implementing field activities with the help of project and field officers for the assigned health facilities in the sub-county of Bomachoge- Borabu.
- supervising Field Officers in their respective areas of project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/Environmental Health or related health or social fields;
- Certificate in Project management will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years working experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, ideally in a health related NGO.
- Good knowledge of health data
- Community Based Health Information System/Hospital Management Information System and matching experience
- Experience in gender, establishing Community Health structures and early child development
- Experience of working at the village and first level health care facility in rural settings
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a large team of field staff
- Ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines
- IT competencies in the relevant packages e.g. Project management
Salary: Salary and package to attract the best candidate
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here