Head of Finance Job at Aga Khan Hospital
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Finance focuses on ensuring the Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu maintains efficient and effective financial systems and processes, high service levels and accountability across its core business functions, while continuously seeking to improve resource utilization.
Responsibilities for the Head of Finance Job
- Financial Management: Oversee the work of the finance function as a whole to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; efficient and effective management of the finance function; accuracy and reliability of financial information; and the overall management funding and expenditure.
- Audit, Compliance and Internal Controls: Ensure all audits and statutory compliance are carried out on time, in line with regulations and compliance requirements. Prepare compliance reports for the Board and the CEO as required.
- Management Accounting: Set up and continue to improve effective management accounting systems and processes.
- Grants Accounting: in cooperation with the Program Officers and grantees, as required, oversee preparation of budgets and financial reports for submission to granting agencies.
- Donations Management: Oversee the administration of all donations including institutional support, including keeping accurate records on donations given, donor contact information, and donations reporting.
Head of Finance Job Requirements
- First degree from a recognized university in finance, accounting, business administration or other quantitative discipline relevant to the position from a recognized university.
- Master’s level qualification with at least 10 years of progressively evolving management and team leadership in a service oriented organization, International and / or non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong accounting, audit, financial management and financial analysis skills.
- Highly numerate with an ability to create, manage, interpret and present financial analysis, forecasting and resource management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong managerial and leadership skills with ability to manage and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel; familiarity with SCALA accounting software desirable.
- Understanding of legal language in all types of business contracts and risk assessment.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and perform effectively managing numerous significant responsibilities and challenges with competing priorities
How to Apply
Send applications to [email protected] before 4th April 2017.