Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu
Exciting career opportunity for a medical professional who wants to make a difference Kisumu
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of a Network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification and ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa-Bay Counties.
The Hospital is seeking qualified candidate for the following position:
The Medical Director will provide oversight of clinical governance, to ensure the safe delivery of high quality medical services at The Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu and its outreach health facilities (collectively known as the Kisumu cluster).
Being an accomplished clinician, the selected candidate will undertake both clinical activities related to his / her specialty and will also assume the role of the Medical Director.
Reporting to the Cluster Chief Executive Officer, the key roles and responsibilities of the Medical Director are as follows:-
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that patients have appropriate medical staff coverage
- Provide oversight of medical governance
- Actively lead and support the quality and patient safety agenda
- Represent the hospital at professional forums, regulatory bodies and other healthcare organizations.
- Work closely with key stakeholders i.e., Nursing Director, Clinical heads of Departments, Heads of Finance and Human Resources.
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning
Qualification & Experience
- Postgraduate degree in a medical specialty
- Training and / or experience in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration is preferred
- Ten years specialist medical practice.
- At least five years’ service as clinical lead (e.g. Department or Section Head)
- High integrity
- Clinical credibility
- Communication skills
- Interdisciplinary team building skills
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Ability to build consensus, take decisions
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
A competitive compensation package is available to successful candidate.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
How to Apply
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary details in a cover letter should be forwarded by 10th June 2016 to:-
or send via email to:
E-mail: [email protected]
The Chief Executive Officer Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu P.O. Box 530 – 40100 Kisumu