The Head of Sales role, reporting to the MD of East Africa is to identify market opportunities for growth, exceed annual revenue, margin and DSO targets by structuring, coaching and supporting the sales team on specific bids. To ensure that vertical sector plans such as Oil and Gas, Mining, Utilities are implemented and key customer relationships in these areas are maintained. The candidate must be able to take a value proposition strategic vertical sector approach and provide input to the regional and group sales and marketing function.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Lead a multi-local sales team (ca. 10 employees) distributed by regions and bynew segments & applications; develop team:
- Support organization planning (right people versus market opportunities)
- Support the areas with robust performance management of sales team and conduct induction, performance appraisal, development and training of direct reports.
- Ensure the area has clear account management strategies and plans for increasing sales from existing customers.
- Continuously monitor the designated market sectors and probe for and communicate new opportunities.
- With marketing (in particular for leads generation), ensuring that marketing is aligned with growth plans (particular focus on Industry events, sectors collaterals)
- With operations (design, project management, mobilization/demobilization, servicing, identification of possible stand byes and extensions, fleet management) in the best interest of customer satisfaction and P&L achievements,
- With finance to meet all needed KPIs,
- And with all other functions (QHSE, HR, Legal & Commercial);
- Play a leading role in the East Afria Management team;
- Sustain and develop all Group sales tools (in particular Pricing, CRM, NPS), leverage them and ensure that they are fully adopted; monitor and reinforce sales techniques:
- Provide additional coaching and development for large projects sales and development where required,
- Review and control proposals and contracts;
- Meet revenue (ca. USD 108 M), high profit and DSO targets for the country;
- Identify, evaluate and develop market opportunities with a focus on direct projects, including new sectors and geographical areas; deliver on the strategic assignments:
- Ensure progression in existing segments (oil & gas, utility and mining) and in developing or new market segments (manufacturing and agriculture, events) Reinforce market presence in existing strongholds (Kenya, Tanzania) and develop relatively new areas such as Egypt and Ethiopia
- Ensure optimum interface:
- Hands-on approach to maintain and expand customer base; Ensure high levels of client satisfaction measured through NPS, maintain contact with customers; enhance the benefits from Group tools in this matter;
- Analyze market trends as well as sales activity in competitive trends and report same to marketing and to management; Maintain an awareness of marketplace opportunities and threats;
- Display strong commitment to orange excellence.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of management experience in sales, customer service delivery, and customer relationship.
- Proven sales track record including success in leading, motivating and mentoring sales teams.
- Excellent communication skills, able to deal at all levels of organizations.
- An entrepreneurial extrovert who excels at developing customer relations and networking.
- Well versed and knowledgeable of the business unit’s market in any or all of the following sectors: Construction, Oil & Gas, EPC, Utilities sectors, Mining
- Technical background (or at least experience of technical sales), knowledge of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferable;
- Basic financial knowledge to support complex bidding / project offers;
- Communicative, articulate, good presentation skills;
- Higher education (Bachelors degree);
- High standard of business morals, ethics and highly committed to Aggreko and its products;
- Courage and Conviction – the ability to create a sense of excitement about taking on new challenges and a belief in one’s capabilities to deliver results;
- Maintain and drive conviction of “circle of control”;
- Relentless Preparation – preparing thoroughly for all client meetings and internal management decisions;
- Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results;
- Holding people accountable – the ability to give clear and unambiguous direction to individuals and teams about what they need to do in order to meet the organisation’s objectives;
- Building capability – developing individuals and groups in order to increase the entire capability;
- Compelling Communication: – recognising that clear communication is the key to understanding.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and be responsive to customer needs.
Dotted line to Area Sales Managers, Sales Engineers and other sales team members across the business unit.
Key Role Interactions
External Customers, Director of Sales EMEA, Sales team, Management Team.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here