Vacancies: Assistant Procurement & Logistics Officers
The Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) is a five year USAID program implemented by the State University of New York’s (SUNY) Center for International Development (CID).
AHADI is designed to support Kenya’s vision and agenda for achieving the promise of devolution.
The program’s interventions aim to promote governance systems that are transparent, accountable, effective in service delivery, and responsive to empowered citizens by working at both the national and county government levels.
AHADI has three main objectives;
- Targeted counties provide higher quality services through improved governance
- Improved representation of citizen interests and oversight of targeted county government performance
- Functionality and effectiveness of the devolved system increased through intra-government engagement and cooperation.
Though AHADI is primarily a DRG project focused on improving the governance of Kenya’s new decentralized, system, it is also designed to have substantial impact on other sectors, as well.
AHADI therefore takes a sectorial approach in achieving its overall governance objectives. These sectors include but are not limited to good governance, resilience and economic growth, education, health and WASH.
Assistant Procurement & Logistics Officer
Position Summary: Assists Procurement and logistics manager with procurement-related matters; assists program team with logistical duties; is responsible for providing professional and efficient support for visitors and other stakeholders, as well as for performing a variety of logistical duties that support program operations.
Carries out other related logistics and procurement duties as required by the Procurement / Logistics Manager.
Reports to: Procurement and logistics Manager
Interrelationships: The Assistant Procurement and Logistics Officer liaises with the Procurement / Logistics Manager, Procurement and Logistics Assistant Manager, Deputy Chief of Party, Finance team, Grants team as appropriate in the course of his/her duties.
- University degree in Business Administration or appropriate field.
- Three – Five years’ experience working in a complex and challenging environment
- Experience in supporting logistics for donor-funded projects (preferably USAID-funded)
- High degree of organization and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional intelligence
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Pleasant personality; courteous; with an outgoing approach and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad range of Kenyan and international VIPs as well as elected officials, technocrats and leaders from civil society.
Location and Duration: The location for the Assistant Procurement and Logistics Officer is in the Nairobi head office.
This job description will be valid for one year and upon the end of the contract period (of one year) can be revised and renewed by the Chief of Party and by SUNY/CID.
How to Apply
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
(1) a Cover letter
(2) CV and
(3) References from three past supervisors
Closing date: 1st April 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the subject line for the position you are interested in.
Applications without the subject line will not be evaluated.