The Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) is a five year USAID program implemented by the State University of New York’s (SUNY) Center for International Development (CID).
AHADI is designed to support Kenya’s vision and agenda for achieving the promise of devolution.
The program’s interventions aim to promote governance systems that are transparent, accountable, effective in service delivery, and responsive to empowered citizens by working at both the national and county government levels.
AHADI has three main objectives;
- Targeted counties provide higher quality services through improved governance
- Improved representation of citizen interests and oversight of targeted county government performance
- Functionality and effectiveness of the devolved system increased through intra-government engagement and cooperation.
Though AHADI is primarily a DRG project focused on improving the governance of Kenya’s new decentralized, system, it is also designed to have substantial impact on other sectors, as well.
AHADI therefore takes a sectorial approach in achieving its overall governance objectives. These sectors include but are not limited to good governance, resilience and economic growth, education, health and WASH.
Procurement and Logistics Assistant Manager (1 position),
Position Summary: The Procurement and Logistics Assistant Manager will work closely with the Procurement and Logistics Manager and the entire Procurement/Logistics team in the AHADI Nairobi Office to ensure program activities and operational needs are supported to achieve the above noted program objectives.
The work of the Procurement and Logistics Assistant Manager requires highly developed collaboration and networking skills, exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
Reports to: Procurement and logistics Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Interrelationships: The incumbent liaises with the other members if the procurement department, Director of Programs, Senior Program Officer / Program Officer / Regional Coordinators / Senior Grants Manger / Grants Manger as appropriate in the course of his/her duties.
- University degree in Business Administration or appropriate field.
- Five years’ experience working in a complex and challenging procurement or related environment.
- Experience in logistics and coordination with travel agencies for flights.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Previous experience working on USAID funded project.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
Languages: English language fluency required.
Location and Duration: The location for the Procurement / Logistics Assistant Manager is in the Nairobi head office.
The job description will be valid for one year and upon the end of the contract period (of one year) can be revised and renewed by the Chief of Party and by SUNY/CID.
How to Apply
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
(1) a Cover letter
(2) CV and
(3) References from three past supervisors
Closing date: 1st April 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the subject line for the position you are interested in.
Applications without the subject line will not be evaluated.