Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
Accounts/Admin Assistant Job Responsibilities in Kenya
- Assist the Operations/Accounts designee in budget preparation and monitoring.
- Check Fuel logbooks and prepare monthly fuel consumption report.
- Support Health Centre management in financial reporting, book keeping, Drug management and administration to ensure transparency, timely reporting and
Value for Money.
- Check the partner financial performance is in adherence to AHF policy and the respective project agreements.
- Check accuracy of monthly reports of partners, reconcile transfers, expenditure& fund balance with AHF records before funds are transferred on a monthly basis.
- Prepare compliance checklists for follow-up on partner finance report status.
- Management of office petty cash.
- Maintain a Fixed Assets register and prepare inventory reports.
- Ensure adherence to AHF procurement and payment procedures and value for money in all transactions.
- Prepare requisition forms, payment Vouchers and all associated supporting documents with accurate account codes.
- Maintain a cash advance register and ensure proper filing of all financial documents.
- Review and analyze cash flow forecasts and request for cash needs on monthly basis.
- Answers phones, takes messages, and facilitates communication.
- Provides clerical assistance within the Bureau where needed.
- Schedules and arranges appointments and conference calls.
- Updates policies and procedures as necessary.
- Prepares and coordinates committee meeting (IE, binders, correspondence, dinner arrangements, minutes)
- Copies, files, faxes, and sends/receives relevant correspondence to meet the needs of the Management staff.
- Maintains information in a confidential manner.
- Compiles, checks for completeness and documents content of mailings to corporate offices as needed.
- Organizes and prepares bi-weekly payroll and submits to payroll department in a timely manner; assures follow up with staff to ensure 100% completion of submission of timesheets.
- Codes and submits invoices in a timely manner.
- Compiles minutes for Medical Directors monthly call and distributes to attendees. Sends out reminders prior to call to all attending.
- Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Attends AHF staff meetings.
Qualifications for Accounts & Admin Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Education and/or Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate proficiency in Accounting skills, Database software; Spreadsheet software; Date Entry Skills and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.