Aircraft Maintenance Technician Jobs at The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited
Airframes & Engines
REF: KETRACO/5/1C/40/97/Vol I -B
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation.
The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, own, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission grid and regional power inter connectors.
KETRACO’s Vision is to be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading inter connector in Africa.
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician is accountable to the Chief Pilot and shall be responsible for ensuring that all Maintenance work carried out on aircraft under his /her charge is carried out in accordance with an approved maintenance schedule or programme
Aircraft Maintenance Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring effective and efficient management and control of maintenance activities;
- Maintaining the serviceability of all equipment and tools;
- Ensuring that all Maintenance documentation received after maintenance is complete and correctly filled;
- Allocating duties to personnel under him/her;
- Ensure maximum availability of aircraft for operational use.
Job Specifications for the Aircraft Maintenance Job
- Must be a licenced Aircraft Maintenance Technician with a license in category `A’& `C’ turbine engine rotorcraft and Category `C’ gas turbine Engine;
- Should have attended at least one turbine engine rotorcraft type course;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in maintaining the same Category of aircraft including one year in the capacity of returning Aircraft to service;
- Should have attended a management or supervisory course recognized by the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCA;
- Must be fluent in English
Terms Of Service And Remuneration
The appointment to positions No. 1to 4will be on permanent and pensionable terms while position No. 5will be for a contractual period of one(1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration on package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelop by close of business on 8th December, 2016. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport. The Managing Director, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 – 00100, NAIROBI. KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.