Aircraft Maintenance Technician Job at Mission Aviation Fellowship
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a not-for-profit, Christian organisation whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist missions, churches, aid and development agencies and other national groups to share the love of God.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a team that will have a life changing impact on those we serve. MAF is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self -motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Aircraft
Maintenance Technician at our Maintenance Department at Wilson Airport in Nairobi.
The primary purpose of the position is to perform efficient and effective maintenance and repair of aircraft and associated systems.
Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities
- Performing aircraft maintenance in accordance with appropriate standards and practices.
- The completion of tasks as delegated by the Base Maintenance Manager or the Maintenance Supervisors.
- Routine inspection, maintenance and servicing of aircraft according to approved procedures, under the direction and supervision of an experienced (and where possible, licenced) aircraft Engineer.
- Detection, analysis and appropriate reporting and correction of all defects on aircraft.
- Compliance with all applicable service bulletins, instructions, directives.
- Completion of all work records, parts usage records etc
- Correct handling of all aircraft parts, shop equipment and tools.
- Quality control of all works done, ensuring that all assigned jobs are faultlessly and thoroughly completed.
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the working environment.
- Towing of the aircraft.
- Assisting with recovery and carrying out maintenance either away from base or at other MAF programmes when necessary.
Qualifications for the Maintenance Technician Job
- Must have a Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- At least 1 year experience in Aircraft Maintenance.
- There is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a born again and committed Christian.
How to apply
If you meet and/or possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only, to [email protected]. on or before 24th March 2017. Kindly indicate your current gross salary.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.