All Saints’ Cathedral – Nairobi
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position:
The Cathedral Accountant will be in charge of the Accounting function at All Saints’ Cathedral and will be responsible for overseeing all accounting duties at the Cathedral.
The position holder will report to the Finance Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing financial / accounting policies and strategies in line with the Cathedral financial plan;
- Oversee the smooth management and supervision in accounts department;
- Implement systems and controls for monitoring and managing financial processes and procedures;
- Provide accounting reports to the management for effective decision making;
- Manage the preparation of accounting data ensuring compliance to standards statutory regulations;
- Facilitate the budgeting process, ensure budgetary control procedures are implemented.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, commerce or economics with C.P.A (K) or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in accounting at senior level;
- Knowledge/understanding of computer packages and computerized accounting systems;
- Must be over 30 years;
- Good leadership skills;
- Membership to a Professional body and in good standing.
Reporting to the Cathedral Accountant;
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions;
- Ensuring that banking is done as scheduled;
- Preparing timely and accurate weekly, monthly and annual financial reports;
- Carrying out reconciliation of various accounts as required including bank reconciliations;
- Preparing trial balance and other related financial statements;
- Verifying various imprest, claims, as per approved procedures.
- Bachelor of Commerce or Accounting and at least CPA II;
- Must possess excellent computer skills in Microsoft office suites;
- Over 3 years relevant experience in accounting;
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem analysis and solving skills, communication skills;
- Honest, dependable and accurate in reporting.
How to Apply
Further details on the above positions please visit our website at: www.allsaintsnairobi.org.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and detailed CV highlighting relevant experience with copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and names of three referees.
Indicate your current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact and address to:
The Provost, All Saints’ Cathedral P.O. Box 40539-00100
Or dropped at our offices on or before 28th September 2015.
All Saints’ Cathedral is an equal opportunity employer