ALP Teachers Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (4 Positions)
ALP Teachers Jobs
Ref. nr.: 3244202285
Number of positions: 4
Job Location: Dadaab
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
ALP Teachers Job Responsibilities
- Deliver lessons and organize learning activity sessions in the subject of specialization.
- Together with the senior ALP teachers, prepare the learning scheme of work and required lesson plans
- Keep records of student’ attendance, progress and assessment.
- Prepare and administer continuous assessment tests and internal examinations to assess learners’ progress and knowledge assimilation
- Together the senior ALP teachers submit evaluations, attendance sheets and monthly reports to the Center leader.
- Ensure availability of all the necessary teaching aids and materials in liaison with the senior ALP teachers
- Remain up to date on pedagogical methods and ensure a child-friendly environment where each child’s need are identified and addressed.
- Monitor and support each learner and inform students of their progress.
- Maintain good communications with parents concerning the progress of their children.
- Any other duties that may be given by supervisor.
Qualifications for ALP Teachers Job
- Have five years of teaching experience in Primary School
- Hold P1 Certificate/Education or recognized two-year Diploma in two of the following subjects: English, Kiswahili, Somali, Science,
- Mathematics, Social Studies or Islamic or Christian Religious Education. (Note the selected candidates will over all teaching subjects apart from language and religious studies).
- High level of personal integrity, cultural awareness & sensitivity.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills and teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- Experience in Mentoring.
- Having simple individual counseling and conflict resolution skills
- Keen in ensuring accuracy and precision in all his/her works with attention to detail.
- Goal oriented, with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work and live in a generally insecure and harsh environment
- Excellent communication skills, flexible, readily adaptable to new challenges and approaches.
- Knowledge and experience of special needs education and practice a plus factor.
- Clear vision and creativity
- Flexibility, reliability and a team spirit
- Ability to work long hours and in challenging situations
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line here Email and paper applications will not be considered. Deadline for application: 06/11/2016