Assistant Typesetter Job at Alupe University College
SCALE AUC 6
Assistant typesetters will be responsible to the typesetter in typesetting typescripts/manuscripts.
They will typeset manuscripts of all kinds into proofs and eventually produce camera-ready-copies of the same.
Assistant Typesetter Job Requirements
This is the entry grade for this career structure. To be appointed to this position the candidate must have:
- Worked for not less than three (3) years in an editorial department in a busy publishing house.
- At least a mean grade of C at KCSE or equivalent qualifications with at least a C in English or Kiswahili.
- Stage III in secretarial studies (KNEC) or an equivalent qualification.
- Relevant Certificate in Desktop Publishing (DTP) from a recognized institution
- Ability to interpret accurately typographical and editorial markings on the typescripts/manuscripts and translate the same into typeset work.
How to Apply
Ten copies should be submitted in writing together with updates curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications. work experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and address of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials.
The title and reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated in the application.
Applications should be addressed to;
Alupe University College
P.O Box 845
So as to reach him not later than 2nd August, 2017.
Applicants are required to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address.
The referees should write and send their recommendations under sealed envelops within three weeks from the date of this advertisement.
For those already in employment, applications should be channeled through their head of department.
For detailed job descriptions, applicant should visit the university website www.auc.ac.ke.