Nairobi City County Recruitment Portal – Nairobi County Jobs
AMBULANCE DRIVER II-JOB GROUP D(30 POSTS)
Application Deadline: Fri 9th Sep 2016
Salary Scale: Kshs 10,380.00 to Kshs 11,370.00
House Allowance: Kshs 4,125.00
Commuter Allowance: Kshs 3,000.00
Extraneous Allowance: Kshs 7,000.00
An officer’s specific duties and responsibilities at this level will involve:
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake system, type pressure, etc.,
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicle assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road; safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have the following minimum qualifications
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade ‘D’ (Plain);
- A valid driving license Classes BCE;
- First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John’s Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution.
- Practical Test for Drivers conducted by the respective Ministry/Departments;
- (At least 5 (five) years driving experience.
- Additional qualifications in Emergency Medical Training (EMT) will be an added advantage.
How to Apply