Office: Regional Office for East Africa, Horn of Africa and the Great Lakes
Team: Media and Content
Duration: 6 months
Hours/Days per week: Minimum of 3 days per week
We are looking for a voluntary intern to support the media and content team for 6 months, for at least three days a week and preferably 5 days.
Media & Content Internship Description
- Although the voluntary intern’s role will be supervised and willingness to undertake some routine administrative tasks is crucial. Projects will be devised by the team in collaboration with the voluntary intern, which will aim to assist the team in fulfilling its strategic objectives, while making the best use of the voluntary intern’s own skills, interests and experience.
- Undertaking a voluntary internship at Amnesty International, one of the world’s leading human rights organizations, can provide valuable experience and you will receive references at the completion of your assignment. However, please note that a voluntary internship does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International.
The successful voluntary intern’s task list may include:
Media & Content Internship Responsibilities
- Monitoring of news article hits where Amnesty International has been mentioned and released outputs from the Regional Office.
- Support in drafting content for country teams in line with upcoming and ongoing campaigns.
- Supporting content management on social media platforms.
- Support in content analytics.
- Assist in set up for media interviews.
We will be looking for the following skills and experience:
Skills & Experience for Media & Content Internship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Studies or Journalism.
- Experience in a media, communications, or social media organisation
- Very good IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases
- Good organisational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with people of all walks of life with good problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested? Click here to apply NB: Only applicants who have eligibility to work in Kenya, i.e. Kenyan citizens or foreign students with a right to study and work in Kenya, will be considered for the above post