We are seeking to fill the following position for the APHIAplus IMARISHA project funded by USAID which seeks to transform the health status of the people of the Northern Arid Lands of Kenya over a five year period (March 2012 – March 2017).
This is by supporting Government of Kenya (GoK) efforts through a country-led, country-owned and country managed approach.
APHIAplus IMARISHA is implemented by a team of four partners led by AMREF Kenya and includes Catholic Relief Services, Land O’Lakes and the University of Maryland at Baltimore.
The project supports integrated service delivery and addresses the social determinants of health.
The programmatic intervention areas for the project focus primarily on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Family Planning / Reproductive Health, MNCH, Nutrition, WASH, Household Economic Strengthening as well as care for Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
The project is implemented in the following eight counties- Turkana, Samburu, Isiolo, Marsabit, Garissa, Wajir, Mandera, and Tana River.
Ref. No. KCO/Comms/001/2015
The position is based in Nairobi and reports to the Chief of Party.
Purpose of the Job: To efficiently and professionally support the communication of strategies, services, and interests of APHIAplus IMARISHA to relevant audiences / publics through appropriate channels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support towards project donor field visits, launches, conferences and other events.
- Prepare APHIAplus IEC materials and ensure adequate visibility of the project
- Ensure adherence to APHIAplus IMARISHA’s branding and marking plan
- Work with the project team to provide updates on events, activities on a weekly basis.
- Development of web content, quarterly project newsletter, human-interest stories and documentaries on a regular basis
- Support AMREF Kenya communications activities
Qualifications and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate should be a team player with the following qualities;
- A first degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- At least (3) years of relevant work experience in communication, writing, editing and desktop publishing
- Experience in Graphic Designs and audio-visual production
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people.
- This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
How to Apply
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health for Africa, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your up-dated CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to [email protected]
The closing date for submitting of applications is Monday, 31st August, 2015.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not attach any certificates or testimonials.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
AMREF does not request for money in its recruitment process