Main Purpose of Job
Job holders will be responsible for, promoting public health and educating the community on healthy eating practices.
Qualifications for the Technical Advisor Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and dietetics management from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with KNDI.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in nutrition support in HIV programming for a period not less than 2 years.
Technical Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Perform an anthropometric assessment (Age, Weight, Height, and BMI/MUAC) and record in requisite reporting tools.
- Categorize patients as per their anthropometric measurements and provide appropriate nutrition interventions.
- Take diet history and socio- economic assessment.
- Recommend or/do clinical assessment of nutrition deficiencies and Related factors. Hold Nutrition/Health talks and carry out dietary counseling.
- Demonstrations (e.g. food preparation/sanitation).
- Distribution of food/micronutrient supplements.
- Distribution of nutrition related information and handouts to clients.
- Household/Individual food security assessment and education.
- Collection and management of nutrition data.
- Reporting on nutrition indicators.
- Nutrition Stock management.
How to Apply
Deadline: Friday, April 7, 2017
Email application to: [email protected]