Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reporting To: Procurement Officer
Department: Finance & Procurement Directorate
Physical Location: Nairobi
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partne rs.
Main Purpose of the Job: Under the supervision of the Procurement Officer, Procurement Assistant will provide efficient procurement services to Amref Health Africa Headquarters and Kenya Country Programme consistent with organisational Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Commerce or Business Management
- Diploma in Supplies Management
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Values of teamwork, diversity and integrity must also be present
- Ability to work interdependently and with minimal supervision preferred
- ICT proficient
- Possess creative problem solving abilities with an orientation towards results.
- Three (3) years’ relevant working experience in purchasing, logistics or supply management including preparation and management of contracts.
- Experience in using automated procurement systems
Coordination of Procurement Processes
- Receive all incoming requisitions and co-ordinate the flow in an effective and efficient manner using the laid down procedures.
- Follow up with suppliers on the sourcing process to ensure timely delivery to end user.
- Maintain an updated supplier’s database.
- Prepare LPOs and send them to suppliers
- Assist in preparation of tender documents and soliciting of tender/quotations.
- Assist in the establishment of appropriate frameworks to enable improved organizational efficiency
- Carry out analysis of quotations and prepare relevant reports.
Internal and External Relations
- Assist in fostering good business relationships between suppliers and internal customers.
- Answer incoming queries regarding outstanding procurement requests.
- Preparing reports for the Tender Committee
- Assist in managing contracts with suppliers of goods and services.
- Assist in risk analysis of contract conditions, costs and sub-contracts.
- Prepare donor reports on procurement matters
Filing and documentation
- Responsible for filling registry of purchases related documents.
- Develop various reports as required by the department and users
How to Apply
If you have strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task in high-paced environment; with ability to handle matters with tact, attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency, please quote the reference number for the position as indicated above on the subject line of your email and send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected]
We encourage interested candidates to submit their applications by Friday 23 September 2016.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.