Business Development Internship job at AMREF Kenya
Job Title: Business Development Intern
Directorate/Unit: Business Development Directorate
Physical Location: Amref Health Africa, Headquarters, Nairobi
Period: 6 months
To Support the Business Development Directorate to collect, analyse and synthesise strategic information necessary to strengthen business development processes.
The Business Development Intern will directly report to the Business Development Manager.
Responsibility for the Business Development Internship job
- In consultation with the Business Development Manager, collect and present information about Amref Health Africa’s existing/potential partners and competitors (from specific websites, publications and the press) to inform bid decisions;
- Update and maintain Amref Health Africa’s proposal status data in a manner that can help generate analytical reports;
- In collaboration with the Business Development Manager, monitor specific websites on a weekly basis to identify funding opportunities as they become available;
- Support the proposal development teams to compile all attachments to be submitted with proposal documents;
- In collaboration with the Business Development Manager, update, edit and finalize corporate capability statements and past performance references.
- Compile a list of Amref Health Africa’s best practices from the relevant departments across the organisation and develop abstracts from these to inform bids;
- Ensure that updated data is uploaded on to the AMREF Information Management System (AIMS) to inform the (proposal) Trend Analysis report;
Competences for the Business Development Internship job
- Strong interpersonal skills;Attentive to details;
- Able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Hard working and results oriented;
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and in a logical manner.
Business Development Internship Job Entry Requirements
Potential candidates must:
- Submit an application to undertake internship training at Amref Health Africa. All applications must be submitted to the relevant HR office through the address provided below.
- Specify why he/she has chosen Amref Health Africa for internship, the benefits expected from completing the internship (eg how it fits into the applicant’s studies or career plans), and how this contributes to Amref Health Africas objectives.
The application should indicate specifically:
- Field of academic specialisation or area in which practical training is required
- Programme of training approved by the candidate’s institution, where applicable duration of the internship (three or six months)
- Number of credits required for validation by the candidate’s institution, where applicable
- The application for internship shall be accompanied by a supporting letter from his/her learning institution, where relevant.
- In countries where Amref Health Africa operates, the application will be forwarded through those Amref Health Africa offices if the request is for placement in a different Amref Health Africa office.
How to Apply
Applications will be done using the application form and sent to the email address of the Amref Health Africa office offering the internship. Internship – [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in Kenya and Internship NB: Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we are not in a position to reply to each request and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.