AMREF Programme Director Jobs in Kenya 2017
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
Programme Director Job Qualifications
- Minimum 7 year’s relevant experience with 3 years at a senior level
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or relevant field
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Proposal writing and development skills
- Team leader with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience providing leadership for WASH programmes
Responsibilities for the Programme Director Job
- Provide overall credible leadership to the Programme, providing clear vision, and inspiring confidence and team spirit among Programme staff.
- Actively participate in the Country Senior Management Team (SMT) and Programme Technical Committee (PTC), and adhere to the duties enshrined there in.
- Regularly update SMT and PTC on challenges requiring SMT and PTC action or decisions. Quality Assurance & Performance
- Provide targeted technical assistance to projects through field visits and other methods to foster continuous improvement in quality& both programmatic and financial performance (will spend 50% of time in field based technical assistance).
- Ensure projects are aligned with and contribute to Amref Business Plan and National strategies, policies, operational guidelines, and protocols, as applicable.
- Quality assure all operational plans for projects to ensure they are realistic.
How to Apply
If you are conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results you are the person to lead this Programme.
Submit your motivation letter and CV, quoting above reference number as indicated in the subject line of your email to [email protected].
We encourage interested candidates to submit their applications by Friday, March 10, 2017.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection progress.
AMREF Library Assistant Kenyan Jobs 2017
To manage the circulation desk and provide service to the patrons of the Library (students and faculty and perform clerical and other library work as required.
Duties for the Library Assistant Job
- Performs circulation desk procedures, e.g., checking in and check-out materials, registering patrons and collecting fees and fines;
- Checks in deliveries of library loan materials;
- Processes, withdraws, repairs or re-conditions library materials;
- Shelves library materials;
- Assists with library programmes and displays;
- Assists library users with ready reference questions and reader advisory bibliographic instruction and database searching;
- Assists patrons with mechanical operations of library equipment; Performs other related work and assignments as required.
Library Assistant Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Information Studies
- Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage. Key skills
- Verbal listening communication skills;
- Ability to operate library machines;
- Proficiency in ICT.
- Customer relations;
- Planning and organization;
- At least 3 years working experience in a busy Library. Competencies
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and CV with the name and contact of three referees to [email protected].
The closing date for the applications is on 10 March 2017.
AMREF Deputy Librarian Jobs in Kenya 2017
The Deputy Librarian is responsible for planning, developing and administering the Library which include acquisition and processing of library resources such as books, periodicals, electronic and multi-media products, lending services and administrative functions.
The Deputy Librarian will provide support to the University Librarian in achieving the expected results especially advancing Amref International University’s teaching and research.
Deputy Librarian Job Responsibilities
- Develop a system to procure effective print and electronic resources in the areas of academic focus by AMIU, and oversee the implementation of Collection Development Policy, Circulation Policy and others. Maintain constant contact with publishers, vendors and other institutions, to identify resources for procuring;
- Constantly work with the academic and non-academic staff and students to elicit current subject interests and the project areas they are involved in;
- Constantly update the Bibliographic database with new titles;
- Appraise and update library materials;
- Direct and supervise the Assistant Librarians and support staff;
- Identify skills of staff and recommended training programmes to enhance skills and performance;
- Provide inputs for fundraising and forecasting budget requirements;
- Report activities to the University Librarian on weekly basis.
Qualifications for the Deputy Librarian Job
- Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation;
- Ten (10) years of post-qualification experience in leading a reputed academic institution (library or research institution);
- Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work;
- Professional commitment and experience in digitalization of the library.
- Librarianship professional and technical expertise. Key skills
- Inter-people management, negotiation and attention to detail;
- Communication and motivational skills;
- Supervisory and supportive skills. Competencies
How to Apply
To apply, send cover letter and CV with names and contact details of three referees to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 10 March 2017.
AMREF Maintenance Planning Officer Jobs Kenya 2017
The job holder is responsible for aircraft maintenance planning, management of the technical records/publications and supporting all aspects of airworthiness and Aircraft Operators Certificate (AOC) and aircraft maintenance responsibilities. The job holder is also to manage the AMREF Flying Doctors’ (AFD) aircraft reliability system.
Maintenance Planning Officer Job Responsibilities
- Maintenance Planning Develop all scheduled and/or work scope needed for all line and hangar aircraft maintenance.
- Track and monitor to completion of all planned workbassigned to AMO.
- Develop, compile, issue and receive after maintenance work orders/work packs for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance checks as per the individual aircraft/series AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) Approved Maintenance Program.
- Develop task cards for out of phase maintenance requirements.
- Manage and update AFD aircraft records.
- Managing and updating aircraft technical publications and document control.
- Carry out technical records oversight on all contracted AMOs where required.
- Archiving of aircraft records.
- Daily entry of technical maintenance data into the aircraft maintenance program (SAMS) with the goal to produce effective reliability reports as per KCARS requirements.
- Transfer all Technical Log defects to the computer defects log/SAMS, including details of rectification action taken and any deferred defects.
- Assist in collecting and reviewing reliability data to ensure data accuracy and/or proper coding to respective classifications/ATA chapters.
Qualifications for the Maintenance Planning Officer Job
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering from a KCAA Approved Training Organization (ATO).
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in aircraft maintenance of which 3 years are in maintenance planning, technical record, aircraft reliability and airworthiness experience in an AOC environment.
- Aviation planning knowledge of modern methods for airworthiness and maintenance planning competencies.
- Must be proficient in IT – Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge of Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations (KCARs)
- Extensive knowledge of aviation planning, knowledge of modern methods for airworthiness and maintenance planning competencies.
- Positive and focused attitude to aircraft safety and efficiency.
- Aircraft/engine type training/maintenance planning aviation regulatory training.
- Knowledge of aircraft, engine systems and their operation.
- Ability to interpret airworthiness directives, manufacturer’s publications and maintenance data is vital.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Able to follow instructions accurately and work independently.
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to multi-task and flexible in working hours.
- Basic Maintenance Type Training on at least one aircraft operated by the AMREF Flying Doctors.
How to Apply
Do you meet our criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider? Submit your letter with remuneration requirements, three-work related referees a detailed CV, quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to [email protected] by Wednesday, 15th March 2017.