Head Of Programme Job at Amref
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Head of Programme Job Description
- Are you a highly talented Manager, currently working for in the private sector in the field of healthcare, preferably in combination with technology, who can guide the M-Hakika team to move forward?
- The ideal candidate combines experience in business in Africa with experience in the health sector (preferably with mobile technology) and has
a passion for social impact. This is a unique opportunity to implement groundbreaking innovations in healthcare for low income groups.
- You will work for one of the most renowned and innovated organizations in the field of global health development.
- We are looking for a highly dynamic and strategic team player who believes in
bringing lasting health change in Kenya through innovative approaches to lead the M-HAKIKA initiative.
- The Head of Programme should have an entrepreneurial and results-oriented mindset combined with strong teambuilding and relationship management capacities.
- S/he must able to lead across a variety of stakeholders from different cultures and is creative and resourceful in finding solutions to bring the various innovations together in an integrated way.
Qualifications and skills for Head Of Programme Job
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership role
- MBA or Master’s degree in (public) health or economics
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on mentality, with an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fastpaced environment
- Personable relationship builder, persuasive, engaging presence, with diplomacy, emotional intelligence, and a good sense of humour
- Team leader with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of designing and implementing performance based work structures and data drivendecision making.
- Strategic approach to fund management, product development, marketing, communication and capacity building and team management.
How to Apply
- If you are a dynamic team player who believes in bringing lasting health change to Africa through innovation, you are the person to lead the M-HAKIKA initiative. Please send your motivational letter and CV to [email protected] by 9th July 2016.