Acre Africa is a micro-insurance product designer operating as a service provider in the insurance and agricultural sector. Through localized solutions that reduce climate-associated risks, we are developing weather risk mitigation insurance products that cut across the agricultural value chain in Africa.
Acre Africa is a registered insurance surveyor in Kenya and agent in Rwanda, and Tanzania. By 2015, Acre Africa had cumulatively facilitated access to insurance for 800,000+ smallholder farmers across East-Africa and is run as a for-profit company with a strong social mission.
Acre Africa invites suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Actuarial Assistant. The successful candidate will be based in the Acre Africa Nairobi, Kenya office with frequent travel within and outside of the country.
The Actuarial Assistant will work within the actuarial team to assist in product development and pricing.
§ Assisting in pricing of crop and livestock products developed by Acre Africa
§ Assisting in development of models for new/improved products, which includes (but is not limited to) validation of the data used as well as the models
§ Preparation of cover proposal documents for clients to enable them compare different covers available to them in terms of cost and coverage
§ Monitoring contracts during the season and providing regular updates to team members
§ Supporting account managers in ensuring that information relating to covers offered is correctly captured by the insurers and/or reinsurers (i.e. ensuring that the technical information captured in policy documents, risk notes, term sheets, claim support documentation, etc., is correct)
§ Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor
Required skills and competencies
· Good analytical and reporting skills
· Creative thinker
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Effective problem solving and proactive skills
· Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
· Has to be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to perform well without immediate supervision
· Strong Computer skills, with advanced Excel skills and the ability to program in R
· Must be a team player
· Fluency in Swahili and English
· BSc Actuarial Science, OR a strong mathematics or statistics degree with significant progress in the Actuarial Exams offered by the IFoA or the SOA
· At least 1 year relevant working experience in an actuarial position
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here