Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable non governmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993.
The AJIRI DADA Project (ADAP), is a recent award to AMURT under the Dreams Innovation Challenge. The project targets to keep adolescent girls and young women HIV negative by providing bridge to employment.
The primary focus is 2000 marginalized girls at risk of contracting HIV living in 8 informal settlements of Nairobi Sub County-Nairobi county.
The project seeks to fill the following vacant position:
- The project accountant will support the Finance and Grants Manager by directly supporting to provide financial reviews as well as monthly/ quarterly partner’s expenditure from the program.
- S/he will support capacity building on financial compliance to the project staff.
- compile financial documents to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for project stock and asset management.
- S/he will prepare and submit timely partner reports based on program activities.
- Analyze expenditure and provide budget reviews.
- S/he will support to project manager by providing monthly budget updates.
- The accountant will support AMURT Finance and grants manager in facilitating the project audit.
- Facilitate the finance manager and project team with budget preparation.
- Maintain the project transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure project staff payroll is maintained in compliance with the statutory requirements.
S/he will also be required to carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/ accounting with 5 years of experience in project accounting.
- Must be a certified accountant for the last three years.
- Knowledge and experience working in donor funded projects.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Evidence of previous generation of quality and timely project financial reports.
- High level of integrity, values, ethics and competence.
- Demonstrate high level of creativity, innovation and analytical thinking.
- Knowledge in donor compliant, budget reviews and analysis.
How to Apply
All applicants should email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to [email protected] by 21st October 2016 by COB.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will result into automatic disqualification.