Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable non governmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993.
The AJIRI DADA Project (ADAP), is a recent award to AMURT under the Dreams Innovation Challenge. The project targets to keep adolescent girls and young women HIV negative by providing bridge to employment.
The primary focus is 2000 marginalized girls at risk of contracting HIV living in 8 informal settlements of Nairobi Sub County-Nairobi county.
The project seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Project Officer (Training)
- The PO will be in charge of the day to day operations of the field officers.
- Be in charge of the recruitment and selection of the girls with support of the field officers.
- Coordinate the training program in collaboration with key project partners.
- S/he will be involved in training curriculum development, implementation and review in liaison with key partners.
- S/he will oversee, coordinate and monitor placement of the girls in the project upon successful completion of training.
- S/he will support the team in developing and implementing the technical strategies for the Project.
- Additionally, s/he will support the team to write periodic progress reports.
- Supervise and mentor the field officers and the peer educators in delivery of quality results.
- S/he will be responsible in ensuring that the beneficiaries are linked to safety nets programs.
- Ensuring the beneficiaries contracts are adhered to, and their retention to employment enhanced.
- Support the program manager in sensitizing and encouraging the beneficiaries to the model of saving and investing.
- S/he will report to the Project Manager.
- S/he will also be required to carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences (community dev, sociology, social work) with 5 years’ Experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with vulnerable girls and young women especially in informal settlements.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Evidence of previously compiling quality donor project reports, case studies and success stories.
- High level of integrity, values, ethics and competence.
- Demonstrate high level of creativity, innovation and analytical thinking.
- Ability to network, collaborate and advocate with partners.
- Highly knowledgeable in adolescent sexual reproductive health and HIV prevention.
How to Apply
All applicants should email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to [email protected] by 21st October 2016 by COB.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will result into automatic disqualification.