Andela Kenya Fellow Class VII (All Female) Fellowship in Kenya
Dream of using technology to change the world?
Join the Andela movement and help ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, and cities across Africa.
What is Andela?
A four-year, paid Technical Leadership Program designed to shape you into an elite software developer. Through your training and work with top global technology companies, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the continent and around the world.
The Andela Fellowship Application Process
- All applicants need to go through the Home Study curriculum to understand the very basics of software development. Applicants that read through our Home Study curriculum thoroughly have a better chance of getting into the Andela Fellowship than those who do not. So take your time to go through our Home Study Curriculum even if you have not made up your mind about applying.
Application and Aptitude Assessment
- First you’ll complete a free application so we can learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit. (You’ll receive an email with next steps within 2 days of applying).
- Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack community called ‘Open Andela’ to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.
- If selected you’ll be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at an Andela campus. (You’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview stage).
Two Week Bootcamp
- Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time boot camp at an Andela campus led by senior developers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion and teamwork.
- The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
For inquiries, please read the application FAQs and Home Study FAQs. If you still have unanswered questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the Andela Fellowship
Andela is a new kind of academic experience. It’s sort of like a university, except instead of paying tuition, you earn a healthy income and benefits. Once you’re done with basic training and ready to advance, we place you as a member of a remote team with one of our partner companies around the globe within 6 months. You’ll get to apply your new knowledge to real work, while Andela provides you with ongoing professional development and coaching to ensure that you evolve with the industry and graduate with the maximum potential for long term success.
As an Andela Fellow, you are also eligible for continued training and employment with Andela for four years. . After the four year program, Andela Fellows can be expected to; start technology companies, work directly with client companies as employees or continue to help train software engineers as Andela.
How to Apply
Apply today and see if you have what it takes! Follow the link here to apply Application Deadline: April 8th, 2016 Home Study Test: The Home Study test is a requirement for making it through our selection process. Please study and complete the Home Study curriculum before your test. Interview Dates: April 20th- April 22nd, 2016 Bootcamp: April 25th- May 6th, 2016