Actuarial Officer Job At APA Insurance In Kenya
This role is responsible for monitoring, managing, analyzing and reporting on insurance risk with an aim of acquiring and growing life business profitably.
Actuarial Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
• Product development which involves conducting research, developing pricing models, profit testing, drafting policy documents and filing to regulators upon approval/ratification by external actuaries.
• Review pricing of insurance contracts/products.
• Reviewing product performance after commercialization which involves assessing sales volumes, claims experience, expenses and distribution set up.
• Data validation and performing actuarial valuation which involves setting up valuation models and estimation of actuarial liabilities.
• Reviewing the progress of implementation of strategies which involves focusing on the deviations and recommending corrective action.
• Analyzing and optimizing reassurance arrangements and computation of reinsurance premiums.
• Preparation of organization-wide annual and 5-year budgets.
• Collating the organization-wide strategic plan document and Drafting quarterly board reports (on revenue achievement and sales strategies).
• Liaison with other departments
• Liaising with other departments as necessary.
• Management Information
• Prepare and monitor reports as requested.
Requirements For Actuarial Officer Jobs In Kenya
• Degree in Actuarial Science or related and at least 5 Actuarial Professional exams
• 4 – 6 years’ experience
• Interpersonal skills
• Analytical skills
• Presentation skills
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please email a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected] demonstrating why you would be the ideal candidate against the stated roles, responsibilities, knowledge, experience, and personal competencies. The deadline for applications is 18th October 2015.