This position is responsible for managing claims within the set guidelines with an aim of mitigating losses and improving profitability. This involves timely resolution of contentious claims and management of stakeholder relationships.
Head of Claims and Legal Job Principal Accountabilities
- Reviewing and revising processes in the claims and legal departments for adherence to the customer charter and policies;
- Putting in place strategic initiatives to minimize claims and ensure profitability within defined ranges;
- Establishing reliable and adequate controls to manage claim processes and costs (including recoveries);
- Reviewing of outstanding files regularly to ensure validity and adequacy of reserves;
- Monitoring and ensuring adherence to set SLAs (internal and external) and prescribed claims Turn Around Times;
- Managing stakeholder relationships as detailed in the manuals;
- Tracking claims activity through reports to arrest any adverse trends and advise management on underwriting and risk measures;
- Managing the facilitation of internal and external auditors/actuaries to ensure complete and efficient audit process and follow up implementation of audit recommendations;
- Overall responsibility for managing all claims subject to any legal or court process in consultation with the Legal Section;
- Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units including internal and external audit recommendations;
- Developing departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
- Entrenching performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
- Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
- Training, coaching and mentoring staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department;
- Implementing interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads;
- Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
Qualifications/Skills for the Head of Claims and Legal Job
- University graduate
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience 6 of which should be in senior management
- Professional qualification such as ACII or its equivalent is required.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your application with a detailed CV clearly demonstrating your suitability against the stated responsibilities, education/professional qualifications & experience together with details of your current remuneration to [email protected] on or before Friday 9th December 2016.