- This position is responsible for managing the administration of the reinsurance program.
Reinsurance Manager Job Primary Responsibilities
- Collating treaty reinsurance statistics and participating in the treaty renewal negotiation;
- Recovering excess of loss claims from reinsurance;
- Preparing proportional treaty statements for reinsurance;
- Placing risk on facultative reinsurance placements and acceptances;
- Liaising with the claims department in the settlement of facultative claims;
- Preparing presentations to reinsurers for special acceptances;
- Preparing claim triangulation reports;
- Documenting cash calls for settlement by reinsurers;
- Preparing profit commission and excess of loss adjustment statements;
- Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units including internal and external audit recommendations;
- Developing departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
- Entrenching performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
- Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
- Training, coaching and mentoring staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department;
- Implementing interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads;
- Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
- Develop departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
- Entrench performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
- Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
- Train, coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department; and
- Participate in management meeting, projects and committees as assigned
Person Specification for Reinsurance Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or an equivalent.
- Professional Qualifications
- At least 8 years relevant experience with 3 years managerial experience
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent market and industry knowledge
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position at APA Insurance, please email a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected] demonstrating why you would be the ideal candidate against the stated roles, responsibilities, knowledge, experience, and personal competencies. The deadline for applications is 30th September 2016.