Assistant Manager Claims Job At APA Insurance In Kenya
This role is responsible for supervision of effective resolution of claims within the set guidelines with an aim of mitigating losses and improve profitability.
Assistant Manager Claims Job Responsibilities In Kenya
• Assign work and supervise and provide leadership to claims officers and filing personnel as they execute claims processes.
• Approval of claims both on file and system settlements within allocated approval limits.
• Review records to ensure prompt registration of the claims, appointment of loss adjustors, follow up and settlement of claims.
• Analyse service providers’ reports and make settlement or any other suitable recommendations.
• Review and revise processes in the claims section for adherence to the customer charter and policies.
• Provide the management the necessary reports and constant updates on claims matters
• Regular review of the reserves.
• Manage claim costs through strategic Initiatives of the company to ensure profitability of the business.
• Manage stakeholder relationship.
• Provide information required by both internal and external auditors to ensure complete and efficient audit process. Inform team and follow up implementation of audit recommendations.
• Train, coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department.
• Entrench performance based appraisal to staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets.
• Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments.
• Liaison with other departments
• Liaising with other departments as necessary.
• Management Information
• Prepare and monitor monthly and annual budgets for the respective teams through weekly, monthly and quarterly claim reports.
Requirements For Assistant Manager Claims Jobs In Kenya
• Degree in a related field and insurance diploma or professional qualification
• 7 – 9 years’ experience; 1-3 years’ managerial experience
• Interpersonal skills, with both internal and external clients
• Analytical skills
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please email a detailed CV and cover letter to email@example.com demonstrating why you would be the ideal candidate against the stated roles, responsibilities, knowledge, experience, and personal competencies. The deadline for applications is 18th October 2015.