The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering persons with disabilities.
The APDK Nairobi Branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy:
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients through advanced clinical reasoning and problem solving skills to provide an accurate diagnosis/prognosis of client conditions
- Undertake holistic assessments in order to determine patients’ needs
- Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of treatments for improvements
- Prepare Annual budgets and work plans for implementation in line with APDK strategic plans and goals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial forecasts for the department
- Maintain adequate records of all clients in the department
- Conduct weekly review meetings for effective service delivery
- Identify funding opportunities for support to the clients and provide proposals for approval in consultation with branch Programs Assistant and the Branch Manager
- Monitor closely daily operations and collections in the department to ensure sustainability of the clinic
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, Bi-annual and Annual reports to the Programs Assistant and Branch Manager
- Maintain good working relations with all stake holders and professionally market the clinic services
- Prepare timely donor reports for sharing with the Programs Assistant, Branch Manager and National Office before submission
- Participate in reflective/clinical supervision
- Any other assignment delegated by management by virtue of this position
- Basic Diploma in Physiotherapy from Kenya Medical Training College or any other relevant institution
- At least 3 years relevant working experience coordinating and providing technical support in Physiotherapy services
- Demonstrated management experience in a similar position working with an NGO or Government
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment on disability issues and readiness to work with persons with disabilities across board.
- Have the ability to work for long hours to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and ability to work independently
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting
- Be registered with Kenya Society of Physiotherapists
Available to begin immediately
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- Applications should indicate the position applied for on the left hand side of the envelope.
- All application should be send in Hard copy together with a CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate employer), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current / last and expected remuneration all to be submitted on or before 13th September 2016: The Recruitment Committee APDK – Nairobi Branch Westlands Waiyaki Way; Opposite Oil Libya Box 46747, 00100 Nairobi