Due Date: 2017-02-10
APHRC IS SEEKING QUALIFIED CONSULTANTS TO PROVIDE ANALYSIS
IN SUPPORT OF THE AFRICA CONSTITUENCIES BUREAU
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC provides analysis and synthesis across multiple sources of information for the Africa Constituencies Bureau to the Board of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The Bureau’s mandate is to support the 47 countries of East and Southern Africa (ESA) and West and Central Africa (WCA) constituencies to meaningfully participate and represent African issues during meetings of the Board and its respective committees. As the largest recipient of Global Fund investments, the Africa Constituencies have both a mandate and responsibility to be active, engaged members in the decisions by the multilateral financing mechanism, which allocates US$4 billion annually.
SCOPE OF WORK
The estimated duration of this consultancy is up to 10 days in late March to early May 2017. Deliverables include development of a series of briefing notes based on information provided from APHRC. Consultants who are available for less than 10 days over this period but at least four days (please state in cover letter if this is the case) will also be considered.
|Conduct research, analysis, synthesis and writing to support the development of briefing notes and/or position papers|
QUALIFICATIONS OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Comprehensive understanding of the Global Fund and the global health funding landscape;
- Knowledge of current health and development trends, issues, and policies in East, Southern, and West Africa;
- An excellent writer who has the ability to clearly, effectively communicate complex ideas in plain language
- An advanced degree with at least five years professional experience in policy, research, and analysis;
- Ability to complete work independently and on tight deadlines
- Fluency in English required; French is a plus
TO APPLY, send the following to [email protected] by February 10, 2017:
- A one-page cover letter that states your qualifications in response to the above
- Include your daily rate or a range.
- Please tailor the letter carefully as it is an important part of your application.
- Your CV
- Two short writing samples of three pages or less; longer samples will be accepted but only first few pages will be reviewed