The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to fill the position of Program Accountant.
- Provide support to project staff by ensuring cost effective utilisation of resources;
- Monitor project expenditure to ensure they are in line with donors’ agreements. Prepare donor financial reports;
- Monitor projects expenditure against the budgets and provide frequent feedback to the project managers and project staff on budget matters;
- Review field imprest / staff travel advance to ensure adherence to set procedures;
- Review partner institutions’ expenditure accounting and prepare funds disbursements;
- Participate in proposal development preparing budgets and other administrative sections;
- Prepare for project audits by continuously reviewing accounts for accuracy and provide support to auditors during project financial audits;
- Process payments and funds transfer;
- Ensure proper records management and compliance with internal and external requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree and professional qualification (CPA (K), ACCA;
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience preferably in an international NGO;
- Excellent skills in Ms Excel and familiarity with accounting software, preferably Navision (MS Dynamics);
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send applications via email no later than 21st August 2015, enclosing a detailed CV, quoting current and expected salary and providing contacts details of three referees to [email protected]
Please indicate “Program Accountant” on the subject line of the email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer African Population and Health Research Center, Inc APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru P. O. Box 10787-GPO,