Program Administrative Assistant Job at APHRC
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans. The Center seeks to recruit a Program Administrative Assistant to support some of its programs.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Manage the Program Leader’s office and respond to queries in his/her absence;
- Schedule appointments for the Program Leader and other members of the team as necessary;
- Manage meetings of the Program, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure that action is taken;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contracts, project activities, correspondences, and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of reports;
- Assist in proposal development process taking responsibility for administrative sections of proposals developed and ensuring all application requirements are met;
- Assist in contract preparations
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Maintain grant reporting requirements and schedules in the Project Management System (PMS) and follow-up on project reports to ensure submission by due dates and;
- Help in monitoring project implementation including review of burn rates on the online management accounting system and seeking from the project teams the rationale for projects that are delayed;
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org.
Applications will be considered until April 27, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to: –
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children