Planning/budgeting and controlling/monitoring:
- Assist the CEO with the preparation and review of annual and multi-year departmental plans and budgets (operational and Capex)
- Assist with the development of business plans and/or costing of proposals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting reports and obtain commentary on performance, progress and reasons for variances, where relevant
- Present and deliver outcomes to internal stakeholders
- Monitor budget and forecast changes at regular intervals
- Assist the CEO in preparation of regular cash flow forecasting and reporting and ensuring the maintenance of sufficient funds for business operational purposes
Financial and general:
- Issuing of invoices and collection of outstanding debt
- Facilitating payments in line with Arc Skills Group Policies
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Prepare schedules and documentation for external audit, along with Annual Financial Statements based on IFRS
- Support the GEMS Internal Audit team with their regular reviews
- Communicate, co-ordinate and support the relevant processes to ensure all financial year-end and other administration requirements are met on a timely basis to ensure full legal compliance with financial requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all relevant tax returns, including but not limited to Income Tax, VAT and Employment Taxes.
- Liaise with Tax Advisory Firm on more complex tax matters.
- Assist with any other local compliance requirements
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting:
- Assist with the development of reports as and when required – e.g. Quarterly Board Reporting, Investment Appraisals, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications / knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Must also be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or equivalent
- MS Excel expertise
- Sage experience will be advantageous
- Tax and Accounting knowledge
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- High level of numeracy skills
- Data Entry Management
- Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a B2B environment
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here