Asili Sacco Society Ltd wishes to invite applicants for the following vacant position:
Records Officer – 1 Position
Report to Chief Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop and maintain sound filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys;
- Set up and review documenting records systems;
- Digitalize records and information.
- Archive records for past members.
- Establish retention and disposal schedules
- Advise on new records management policies, providing a framework to guide your staff in the management of their records and use of the employer’s records system;
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Advise on complex legal and regulatory issues, often involving judgments in areas such as the Freedom of Information Act and other national or regional legislation.
- Preserve corporate memory and heritage.
- Train and supervise records staff.
- Responsible for all department’s records/files classification and storage schemes
- Appraise staff in the registry department
- Maintains society’s register i.e. members, share, nominees, archives
- Prepare and make monthly reports on new members and withdrawal cases
- Custodian of all files and assets within registry.
- Any other duty that may be assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
- Degree in records and archival management.
- Diploma in Records and archival Management.
- 3 years work experience in a similar position
- Good organization skill
- Team player
- Self motivated individual with impeccable integrity
- Must be aged between 28-37 years
- Valid Certificate of good conduct from the Government of Kenya
How to Apply
Applicants should attach:
- A detailed CV
- Copies of Academic/Professional Certificates
- Names of three referees
- State expected salary
- Day time mobile telephone numbers
How to Apply
Applications to be posted (no hand delivery) to : Chief Executive Officer, Asili Sacco Society Limited, P.O Box 49064-00100, Nairobi To reach her not later than 9th November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted.