Asili Sacco Society Ltd wishes to invite applicants for the following vacant position:
Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting functionally to the Audit Sub-Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop and implement annual risks based internal plan that outlines the activities to be undertaken by the internal Audit department.
- Lead internal Audit department as per the approved internal Audit Charter and internal Audit plan, regulatory guidelines and institute of Internal Auditors guidelines and standards.
- Carry out independent assessments of the society’s system of internal control and advise the management and Board on their appropriateness and effectiveness
- Review monthly management reports as well as Sasra returns to ensure correctness, accuracy and completeness.
- Determine the level of compliance with internal policies, products, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out surprise spot checks on all sensitive areas of the society.
- Prepare and present timely audit reports to the Audit committee and at the same time provide secretarial duties to the committee.
- Conduct post audit reviews to assess the implementation of recommendations outlined in both internal and external audit reports.
- Liaise with external auditors on both interim and final audits and agreeing with respective departments the action plans requires guide and support the departments in the necessary preparations.
- Produce reports to the CEO on day-to-day operations of the society
- Liaise with supervisory committee on quarterly basis.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with coworkers, staff and external contacts and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Self driven
- Bachelor degree in commerce (Accounting or Finance Option)
- CPA (K) or equivalent and registered with ICPAK
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar function.
- Knowledge of SACCO industry program, policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices
- Knowledge of standards for professional practice of internal auditing and code of ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- A previous hand on experience in Navision System is required.
- Basic MIS office skills
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Self motivated individual with impeccable integrity
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Must be aged between 28-35 years
- Valid Certificate of good conduct from the Government of Kenya
How to Apply
Applicants should attach:
- A detailed CV
- Copies of Academic/Professional Certificates
- Names of three referees
- State expected salary
- Day time mobile telephone numbers
How to Apply
Applications to be posted (no hand delivery) to : Chief Executive Officer, Asili Sacco Society Limited, P.O Box 49064-00100, Nairobi To reach her not later than 9th November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted.