Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Accountant for one of our clients; a leading medium sized audit and business consultancy firm providing various finance and business related services.
Job Purpose: Provide support in the Finance and Admin function through the timely and accurate processing of financial and accounting data and the provision of basic reports that support the decision making process.
- Accurate and timely posting of data into the accounting system i.e. receipts, payments and, journals.
- Processing payments and grants/donations, ensuring accuracy and that all supporting documents are attached and appropriately approved.
- Continually updated the debtors and creditors accounts in the system.
- Timely and accurate preparation of invoices, debit notes, credit notes as well as filing them appropriately to ensure easy retrieval/reference
- Participate in the internal audit reviews as required in accordance with the audit plan through provision of the required information
- Maintenance of the stock level records in the system including verification of values, preparing stock reports and participating in stock taking.
- Raising of local purchase orders in a timely and accurately as per the quotations.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements for all the organizations bank accounts
- Participate in the preparation of year end society accounts
- Updating of the asset register
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- O level (Minimum C+ in English & Mathematics)
- Minimum CPA II
- 2 years’ experience
- Used Pastel Accounting system for not less than one year
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Book keeping and accounting skills
- User knowledge of accounting packages
- Analytical ability
- Good organisation skills
- Team working skills
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply