Assistant Accountant Job at Meru County Microfinance Corporation, Kenya
The Meru County Microfinance Corporation is a County Corporation established under the Meru County Microfinance Corporation Act, 2014 with the mandate of providing microfinance services to Small and Medium enterprises.
Assistant Accountant Position Scope
- Reporting to the Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the daily accounting functions of the Corporation.
Assistant Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Processing of payments, loan disbursements, maintaining of ledger books;
- Preparing and remitting Tax returns;
- Preparing monthly returns on receipts & payments;
- Participating in budget preparation and monitoring;
- Update financial data in the operating system;
- Assisting in Cash flow forecast and planning for the corporation;
- Any other accounting work as assigned by the immediate supervisor;
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications/Skills/Experience for Assistant Accountant Job
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies:-
- CPA II;
- 3 years relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of Kenyan accounting laws and regulations
- Experience in the MFI sector will be an added advantage.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
How to Apply
- If you fulfill the above requirements, please send your application to the undersigned including a cover letter, CV, ID, testimonials, a day time telephone number, email address and three referees not later than 24th June 2016. Hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Corporations Head Office Reception, Ntara Place 1st floor upon signing a delivery at that office.
- Managing Director Meru County Microfinance Corporation, P.O Box 2564-60200, Meru.