Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for managing primary accounting records and wayleaves compensation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the Way leaves Team to prepare accurate payment schedules for compensation of way leaves claims.
- Undertake cash compensations in the field and prepare timely compensation reports.
- The incumbent will reconcile compensation records and ensure that data on compensation is accurate and updated.
- To follow up and secure receipts for all payments made by REA on a timely basis.
- File all payment vouchers and their supporting documents and stamp them PAID to avoid their reuse.
- Actively participate in maintaining accurate stores records and undertake periodic stock takes.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Assistant Accountant job opportunity should a good Bachelors (Hon) Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting Option).
- A minimum of three years working experience in a busy accounting office.
- Prior experience in handling donor funded projects is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala – Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.