Assistant Director for Cooperative Development Job at The Ministry of Industry(77-103K)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary Scale: Ksh 77,527 p. m. – Ksh 103,894 p.m.
House Allowance: Ksh. 43,334 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 12,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance (once yearly): Ksh. 10,000 p.m.
Qualifications for the Assistant Director for Cooperative Development Job
- Served for cumulative period of not less than twelve (12) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Chief Cooperative Officer, Job Group ‘M 9 and above, or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce,Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agribusiness from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Co-operative Management, Cooperatives Auditing, Marketing, Internal Auditing or Finance; from a recognized institution;
- A Certified Public Secretaries (CPS) Kenya Part Il l or Certified Public Accountants(CPA) Kenya Part Il! Examination from a recognized institution; and Demonstrated administrative ability and professional competence in work performance.
NOTE: Possession of a relevant Masters degree will be considered an added advantage.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Director for Cooperative Development Job
- An officer at this level may be deployed to head a specialized unit. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing technical advice in area of specialization;
- Analysing data for policy formulation
- Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
- Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings;
- Promoting value addition and processing;
- Conducting co-operative banking inspections;
- Undertaking co-operative risk assessment;
- Preparing and evaluating co-operative activities and trends for promoting the co-operative movement.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing one (1) application form, P SC 2 (Revised 2016)0 The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website, www.publicservice.go.ke .
Completed application form, Head of Department recommendation (PSC 2A Form), letter of appointment/promotion to the present substantive grade and certified copies of certificates should reach The Principal Secretary, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives, State Department for Cooperatives, P.O. Box 30418-00100 NAIROBI or hand delivered to NSSF Building, Block ‘B’ Human Resource Management Registry, 11th Floor, Room No. 1109 on or before 27th June, 2017.