Job Title: Assistant Field Officer
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026804
Vacancy Notice: 001/2017
Reports to: Senior Field Coordinator or Field Officer or Head of Sub-Office/Field Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
Post Grade: NOA
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Actively promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- Work in close co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Offer support in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Assistant Field Officer job placement should hold a University degree in Law, Political Sciences or related fields.
- At least two years of previous relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 25th January, 2017