Assistant Librarian Job at South Eastern Kenya University
Grade 11 (1 Position)
Roles for the Assistant Librarian Job
- Assist in deployment of staff to service points and functional areas;
- Participate in the delivery of face-to-face and online enquiry services;
- Participate in the delivery of student induction programmes;
- Participate in the delivery of communication skills programmes and the development of teaching support materials;
- Ensure the application of University Library Policies, procedures and guidelines in all aspects of operations and service delivery;
- Support and contribute to the development of relevant modules of the Library Management System ensuring that the capabilities of the system are fully exploited to the benefit of library users;
- Participate in management of the premises, ensuring safe, clean and well-maintained environment, equipment and facilities and liaising with internal and external service suppliers as necessary;
- Contribute to overall collection management and development;
- Engage in service development by participating in library management team;
- Contribute to liaison with academic programme areas as appropriate;
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with grade.
Assistant Librarian Job Requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science with three (3) years experience in a busy library.
- Six (6) years working experience, three (3) of which must have been served as a Senior Library Assistant E/F or its equivalent from a comparable institution.
- Must be computer literate
How to Apply
Applications in ten (10) copies should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200
So as to be received on or before Friday 30th June 2017.
South Eastern Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.