Assistant Manager, IT Assets Jobs at KCB
Reporting to the IT Assets Manager, the role provides support to the deployment of end user hardware and related software, ensuring that all components are maintained and work reliably to meet the Bank’s needs and to promote the effective use of new and existing technology. Maintenance of an inventory database containing information regarding deployed hardware.
Assistant Manager -IT Assets Job Key Responsibilities
- To perform deployments of new hardware in adherence to the Bank’s standards and best practice.
- Determine and enforce end user hardware specifications and configuration standards
- Receive faulty hardware from the end users, diagnose, repair and/or escalate to the vendor for repair as necessary.
- Research, testing and implementation of new hardware technology and related software as needed to enhance performance of existing equipment
- Carry out periodic audit of the bank’s hardware to ensure that it tallies with records held in the bank’s books and ensure that the bank’s data is eradicated from hardware components that are due for disposal.
- Ensure implementation of Business Continuity Process as per bank set guidelines and standards and preparation, documentation and maintenance of computer hardware assets inventory and management standards as per the bank guidelines. adequate
- Collaborate with other IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Participate in system acquisition process
- Create and maintaining best practice policies and procedures for business users; ensuring that there are adequate controls around that all service improvements are managed effectively and meet the needs of the organization
- Implement and adhere to regular systems maintenance policies and procedures, including change request mechanisms and update schedules to ensure optimum up-time and service availability
Qualifications for the Assistant Manager -IT Assets Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or related sciences
- IT qualifications such as MCSE, ITIL, Comptia A+
- At least four (4) years’ experience in relevant IT field.
- Practical knowledge of end user hardware and related peripherals
- Knowledge of mass deployment and support solutions (cloning, System Centre Configuration Management, patch management)
- Experience in Unix Operating systems
- Good knowledge of Network Services (DHCP, DNS, File Sharing) and related protocols
- Good knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
- Database management systems skills on MS SQL , MySQL or Oracle will be an added advantage
- Formal IT Assets Management Certification is a definite plus
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 5th December, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6months old.