Assistant Research Officer Job at KEMRI
Reference Number: ARO-29716
Assistant Medical Research Job Purpose:
- Collection of neurocognitive data, carry out medical review and contribute toward data analysis and reporting
- The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Collaborative Research Programme (KWTRP) researches diseases with the highest burden in developing countries for which it is recognised. The programme aims to maximise opportunities for learning and training in order to maintain a cadre of highly skilled and experienced staff from all disciplines.
- In the upcoming project, we are trying to see if tools and measures that have been developed in Western Countries, can be modified for use in Kilifi for studying the impact of various chronic diseases on adolescent development. The ARO will be responsible for administering neurocognitive data, contribute towards reviewing medical history, and also contribute toward data analysis and dissemination.
- The post holder will need to be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision against demanding timelines. We will be working with school going children, consequently some of them may only be able to come for assessment outside work hours (especially Saturdays) willingness and availability to work at these times is an important requirement.
Assistant Medical Research Job Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Principal Investigator and other relevant staff members to prepare work plan and timelines
- Take the lead in administering neurocognitive tests
- Take the lead in organizing visits for MRI scans to Mombasa
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for Assistant Medical Research Job
- An BSc degree in Nursing
- Ability to communicate fluently in Kiswahili and any other Mijikenda language (Preferably Kigiriama)
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of SPSS/ NVIVO
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Conscientiousness, timeliness and willingness to work to meet deadlines
How to Apply
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”. All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews. The application closing date is 29 July, 2016.