Job Title: Assistant Officer Collections
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Officer, Collections
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Assistant Officer Collections will support the Officer, Collections in receiving all funds due to the Commission and maintain proper records of receipts and banking in line with UCC financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will receive and issue receipts for payments made to the Commission ;
- Establish services or goods for which payments are made before receipting;
- Update and maintain proper records of all receipts and supporting documents.
- The incumbent will bank all cash and cheques received in line with financial policy and procedures
- Keenly monitor incoming direct transfer and identify remittance source and apply to relevant customer/refund account
- Prepare daily collection report for review by the Officer Collections.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option), Finance, Commerce or equivalent; and
- Partial Professional qualification (ACCA, CPA) is desired
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Accounting and Finance in a similar corporate environment
- Skilled in Business Alignment, Accounting and Task Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong customer focus
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, updated CVs including all scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials via E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: 11th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM