Job Title: Assistant Permanent Way Inspector (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Uganda Railways Corporation (URC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Permanent Way Inspector
Uganda Railways Corporation (URC) is a body corporate established under an Act of Parliament to construct, operate and maintain railway, marine and road services both inside and outside Uganda for the carriage of passengers and goods.
Job Summary: The Assistant Permanent Way Inspector will be charged with the inspection and monitoring of the operation, rehabilitation, maintenance and repair of the Corporation’s railway infrastructure assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Routinely inspect the conceded railway infrastructure assets regularly to determine the concessionaire’s compliance with the provisions of the concession agreement relating to railway infrastructure operation, rehabilitation, maintenance and repair
• Inspect materials or components for use in the rehabilitation, maintenance and repair of conceded railway infrastructure.
• The incumbent will inspect proposed wayleave sites to assess suitability, and attend wayleave works to ensure compliance with the agreed wayleave terms and conditions.
• Attend railway accidents to determine the nature and extent of damage to the conceded railway infrastructure assets.
• The incumbent will collect, compile and analyse railway accidents in order to establish trends and to recommend corrective action.
• Support the Permanent Way Inspector to prepare technical documentation (inspection reports, specifications, bills of quantities, cost estimates, drawings, etc.) relating to the operation, rehabilitation, maintenance and repair of railway infrastructure.
• Perform any other railway infrastructure duties as may be directed by the Corporation’s Chief Civil Engineer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold an ordinary diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution;
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a civil engineering technician in a busy public or private sector organization;
• Computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Office and AutoCAD.
• Age: Below 30 years of age.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should send hand their handwritten applications accompanied with a current curriculum vitae, current position, current remuneration, certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials and complete addresses of three (3) referees with working telephone contacts and email addresses in sealed envelopes – indicating the post they have applied for – to the Managing Director, Uganda Railways Corporation, P.O. Box 7150, Plot 57, Nasser Road, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 7th August 2015